By playing on the server, all users agree to follow these rules.
As the server is still in its infant stages, these rules are subject to frequent changes and updates. Notification will be given after any significant update.
A) Basic Behavior and Maturity
1) As part of Azara, you are held to a certain level of maturity. We expect that you will be polite to your fellow players and treat others the way you expect to be treated yourself.
2) Minor offenses under this category include profanity, minor verbal and physical assault, and immaturity in chat and actions.
3) We understand that occasional lapses in judgment will occur, and as a result the vast majority of Behavioral Offenses are Minor Offenses. Most Major Behavioral Offenses fall under the category of Harassment.
1) Harassment is defined as severe behavioral offenses which fall under the following categories:
Prejudice, including, but not limited to, racism, sexism, and religious prejudice.
Verbal Abuse includes repeated use of profanity, verbal assault, and offensive names/phrases directed at an individual or group of people.
II) Towns and Sovereignty
A) Town Rules
1) Town rules and punishments are left up to the owner. Violation of town rules does not fall under the major or minor offense system, and must rather be enforced by the town owner. Admins and moderators will not enforce town rules.
2) Town rules may not be in violation of server rules. Any rules in violation of server rules will be counted as an offense against the town owner.
B) Additional Information
1) Players seeking additional information about Towny and the town system should refer to the plugin page.
III) Building and Destroying
1) In Azara, players may only build on land which they own or have been given permission to build as well as the unprotected wilderness wilderness. Circumventing land protection in any way is a banable offense.
3) All land must be purchased through the Towny system. Land will only be given out for free under exceptional circumstances as determined by the admins and moderators.
1) A player is allowed to build on any land which he/she owns, or any land upon which he/she has been given permission to build by the owner of the land as well as wilderness.
2) Any buildings constructed are considered the responsibility of the builder. However, the building belongs to the player who owns the land upon which the building was constructed.
C) Offensive Building
1) An offensive building is any construction that falls under any of the following conditions: vulgar, insulting, persecuting, or racist/sexist imagery.
2) A building which falls under any of these conditions must be removed immediately by the player. In addition, the admins and moderators will determine if the infraction is a major or minor offense. The responsibility of this offense falls to the builder and not the owner of the building.
D) Pixel Art and Text
1) Any pixel art or text is not allowed on the main world.
1) A player may, at any time, destroy a building which he/she owns (note that a building is owned by the owner of the terrain upon which the building was built).
2) A player may only destroy a building owned by another player if given express permission by the owner. Or if the building is destroyed under in-game war mechanics. If a dispute over a destroyed building arises, the moderators and admins will almost always (outside of exceptional circumstances) hold the destroyer responsible if a violation occurred.
3) Destruction that circumvents protection will likely result in a ban.
IV) Plug-in Use and Abuse
A) Plug-in Use
1) The Azara website provides a complete list of abilities that can be used by each rank.
2) If you find you are able to use an ability that does not belong to your rank, please report this to an admin or moderator immediately. Avoid using this ability until the issue is fixed. Please use common sense and refer to the rule of threes: one is an accident, two if confirmation, three is abuse.
3) Exploitation of a plugin may result in a major or minor offense determined by the admins and moderators.
4) Any items gained from plug-in exploitation will be removed by admins and moderators.
V) Security and Theft
1) The security of your items is under your control and is therefore your responsibility or the responsibility of your town.
2) Any exploit-related theft that circumvents in-game protection systems will be taken very seriously. These should be few and far between.
VI) Major and Minor Offenses
A) Major/Minor Offenses
1) Major and Minor Offenses are the two categories under which offenses are classified.
2) Minor Offenses will result in the following repercussions:
Initial Offenses: An Admin or Moderator will message you and discuss the offense.
Repeat Offenses: Admins and Moderators will discuss the offenses. This will likely result in a Major Offense being applied. Obvious lack of respect for server rules may be met with additional action, including long-term bans, large service sentences, and possible permanent bans.
3) Major Offenses will result in the following repercussions:
1st Offense: Three day ban or three hours of service.
2nd Offense: Seven day ban or seven hours of service.
3rd Offense: Seven day ban, during which Admins and Moderators will discuss a likely permanent ban.
B) Minor Offenses
1) Excessive Profanity
2) Minor verbal and physical assault
3) Immaturity in either chat or actions.
b) Building and Destroying
1) Offensive building or pixel art determined by the moderators and admins to be a minor offense.
2) Minimal or accidental damage to another player’s construction determined by the admins and moderators to be a minor offense.
3) Small environmental destruction determined by the admins and moderators to be a minor offense.
c) Plug-in Use and Abuse
1) Plug-in abuse that is minor, insignificant, or does not result in any benefits for the abuser.
C) Major Offenses
1) Harassment (see IA1)
b) Building and Destroying
1) Offensive building or pixel art determined by the moderators and admins to be a major offense.
2) Damage to or destruction of another player’s construction determined by the admins and moderators to be a major offense.
3) Large scale environmental destruction determined by the admins and moderators to be a major offense.
c) Plug-in Use and Abuse
1) Plug-in abuse that gives the player a noticeable or significant advantage or benefit, including but not limited to items, healing, and invulnerability.
2) Any use of client-modifications that give you an advantage.
VII) Immediate Bans
A) Hacking and Exploitation
1) Any form of hacking or exploitation will result in an immediate ban.
If you have any questions about the rules please don't hesitate to contact a server admin.
Server IP: play.azaracraft.com